Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 18, 2006

National War Memorial

Created January 26th, 2006




This is my favorite layout by far!!! So much emotion went into this one. It may be simple, but it holds many sentiments for me. My uncle Ronald died in the 2nd WW, my Uncle Guy was a corporal in the Army and my sweetie hubby was a Second Lieutenant in the National Guard (for Sweden).
When we stopped into Ottawa in Oct. we visited many things, but this was by-far the most sentimental and moving one!!!! The National War Memorial. I was breathtaken and Martin shed a few tears. It represents a lot to us.
I wrote the quote that they placed upon a metal plaque near the monument.
*** in the photo of the poppy, I wrote that it was the last one. There was a little field near the monument, and in that field was only ONE poppy left and I took it's picture. (the flowers are from the dollar store)

No comments: